LaunchIt - Lean Startup Training for Start-ups and Early Stage Companies
Nucleus and InnovateLTC will offer our sixth training program for startups and early stage companies. Participating entrepreneurs will learn how to create a more successful business by proving their concept and validating product demand early on.
Intensive 10-week course with coaching
Understand the value of a Minimal Viable Product
Prime your startup for product launch and/or investment
Validate your market prior to launch
The Lean LaunchPad Approach
Entrepreneurs will learn how to build a successful startup or launch a new product or initiative by
- Creating and testing hypotheses about the new business
- Gathering early and frequent customer feedback
- Pivoting to a new business model as needed
- Creating a Minimum Viable Product to maximize customer feedback
- Determining the best business model
Entrepreneurs will utilize the Lean LaunchPad methodology and the Business Model Canvas to brainstorm nine building blocks that constitute their businesses. The original “hypotheses” will be tested outside of class through customer and partner interviews. The canvases will then be updated to reflect the information received until all building blocks have been evaluated.
Who Should Attend
- Startups and early stage companies of all kinds
- Established companies planning to launch a new product or initiative
- Entrepreneurs should expect to spend about 30 minutes each week listening to the Steve Blank Udacity course “How to Build a Startup” (https://www.udacity.com/course/ep245)
- Entrepreneurs should expect to spend at least five hours each week outside of class conducting interviews and updating their canvases.
- Entrepreneurs should be ready to present their updated Business Model Canvas to the group, every second or third meeting.
Build Your Network for Success
What many entrepreneurs like best about our program are the contacts they make. Each week begins with a presentation by a successful member of the local business community. Collectively they address a range of important topics – marketing, legal structure, sources of capital and more. After the featured presention, entrepreneurs work in smaller groups with a business coach. Our coaches are knowledgeable entrepreneurs with an in-depth understanding of launching and growing a business. The LaunchIt program is an ideal setting to establish productive relationships with the speakers, coaches and fellow entrepreneurs.
Classes: will meet for 10 weeks from 6-9 pm. The first class will be on Tuesday, September 3rd; subsequent classes will meet on consecutive Monday evenings from September 9th through November 4th.
Location: The Nucleus conference room, 300 E. Market; complimentary parking available.
Cost is $895 per person; cost for second and third person involved in the same startup or business is $200/person.
Tuition Assistance for Fall 2013
The University of Louisville is offering a competitive opportunity to provide full-time UofL faculty, staff and students with partial reimbursement of the registration fee. A pre-proposal is required; deadline for proposal and other details at http://louisville.edu/research/nucleus/fall2013-launchpad.html
Space is Limited
Applications will be accepted through August 23rd or until class limit has been attained. Please note that your application will not be considered complete until Nucleus has received the registration fee.
Not Sure This Program is for You?
Attend a Lunch & Learn from 12-1:30 pm on [DATE(S) TBD] at the Nucleus TechCenter (201 E. Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202) third floor conference room. Coaches and previous program attendees will be available to answer questions; lunch provided.