Nucleus is an engine for economic development. By building new, state of the art research parks that attract thriving and innovative companies from around the nation, and nurturing promising research in its earliest stages, Nucleus is creating jobs for the local economy now and in the long-term. When Nucleus tenants and member companies flourish, so does the community at-large.
Our goals are threefold:
o To improve the physical and economic health of the city and the Commonwealth
o To act as the center of research and innovation development
o To create knowledge-based, high-paying jobs that will remain in Louisville
Established in 2008 by the University of Louisville Foundation, Nucleus was designed to integrate UofL resources with those of the region to transform Louisville into a major research and innovation hub. Our roadmap to success was structured around the following objectives:
· To develop infrastructure and research parks to house research and innovation companies.
Examples of Initiatives
· To assist in the commercialization of UofL research by transferring ideas and innovation from the mind to the marketplace.
· To recruit research and innovation companies to Louisville.
· To serve as a portal to achieve a seamless continuum to connect UofL and the business community.
- The Mayor announced that Nucleus will be the home of the Center for Lifelong Wellness and Aging Care, a community-wide effort located at Nucleus and focused on the city’s economic development efforts around businesses within the aging care sector.
- The team at Nucleus has created a map of the local ecosystem of researchers, companies, non-profits, healthcare organizations and service providers by sector.
- Nucleus is also a key partner in the creation of the International Center for Long Term Care Innovation, an organization whose goal is to transform the global aging population by accelerating innovation and supporting entrepreneurial research and commercialization efforts. Both of these organizations are being developed in Nucleus Innovation Park facilities.
- Partnership with the Department of Commerce and the World Trade Center